Vietnamese coleslaw with spring rolls
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.
Vegetable spring rolls
Vegetarian fish sauce
Rice wine vinegar
Peanut and shallot mix
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, white sugar
ALLERGENS: Garlic, soy, onion, nuts (peanut), wheat, gluten
1. Preheat the oven to 200C fan forced.
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Very thinly slice the wombok. Thinly slice the spring onions. Cut the carrots into matchstick size pieces. Thinly slice the red capsicums. Cut the cucumber into rounds. Roughly chop the coriander. Crush or finely chop the garlic. Finely chop the chilli.
3. Make the dressing (nuoc cham): Combine the fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, 1 tablespoon per person of sugar and 2 tablespoons per person of water in a bowl, stir well to dissolve the sugar. Add chilli to taste.
4. Cook the spring rolls: Place the spring rolls onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle a little oil over them and roll to coat. Place the spring rolls into the preheat oven, cook for 15 minutes, turning a few times, or until crisp all over.
5. Make the coleslaw: Meanwhile, combine the wombok, carrots, capsicums, cucumbers, spring onions, coriander and the nuoc cham in a bowl. Toss to combine.
6. To serve: Divide the coleslaw between serving plates. Top with the spring rolls and peanut and shallot mix.