Vegetable satay, tomato sambal, roti
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Vegetarian satay mix
Toasted coconut flakes
Tomato (use ½ supplied)
Long red chilli
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
YOU’LL NEED: Char grill or BBQ or frying pan, medium frying pan, sieve or colander, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, nuts, dairy, wheat, gluten
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly
1. Prepare the produce: Wash all the vegetables. Halve the bok choy. Dice the shallots. Dice the tomatoes. Mince the chilli.
2. Cook the satay: Preheat the frying pan (or char grill pan or barbecue) over medium heat. Squeeze the vegetarian tofu mix onto the skewers. Dust a little of the satay spice on the skewers. Oil the skewers well to avoid them sticking to the pan. Place onto the preheated grill and cook, turning often, for 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
3. Roti: Heat a splash of oil in another frying pan over medium high heat. Cook the roti, in batches, for 2 minutes on each side or until crisp and puffed.
4. Cook the bok choy: Place the bok choy onto the pan. Cook briefly until charred. Cover with a bowl or pan to steam slightly.
5. Make the sambal: Mix the tomatoes, shallots and chilli together.
6. To serve: Divide the skewers between the serving plates. Top with the sambal and toasted coconut. Serve with the roti and satay sauce.