Gnocchi with pumpkin, spinach, sage & browned butter
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
1 Butter portion
1 Gnocchi bag
1 Parmesan pack
1 Pumpkin bag
1 Baby spinach bag
1 Sage bunch
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt, black pepper
Allergens: Gluten, dairy, wheat
1. Prepare the ingredients: Preheat oven to 200C fan forced. Wash the vegetables. Peel and dice the pumpkin into approximately 2cm cubes. Pick the sage leaves. Grate the parmesan. Cut the lemon into wedges.
2. Roast the pumpkin: Drizzle a little oil and sprinkle a little salt over the pumpkin cubes and place on a lined baking tray. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, turning once, or until slightly browned and tender.
3. Brown the butter: Heat the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook until the milk solids become golden brown, and the butter smells nutty.
4. Cook the sage leaves: Immediately add a splash of cooking oil and the sage leaves. The sage leaves will quickly become crisp.
5. Add the lemon: Squeeze a little lemon into the browned butter then remove the saucepan from the heat.
6. Cook the gnocchi: Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the gnocchi and cook for 3 minutes or until the gnocchi rises to the surface. Taste one to check that it is cooked to your liking. Strain through a sieve.
7. Mix all together: Add the gnocchi to the saucepan of sage butter and toss together over a medium heat. Add the spinach leaves to soften. Add a splash of olive oil to finish then remove from the heat.
8. To serve: Divide the gnocchi between serving plates. Top with the roast pumpkin, parmesan and a sprinkle of black pepper. Serve with the remaining lemon wedges.