Baked beans, corn cakes, tomato, peach & ricotta salad
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Corn cake flour mix
Tomato (½ of supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Medium frying pan, medium saucepan, mixing bowl, box grater, chopping board, knife
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt, vinegar
ALLERGENS: Dairy, wheat, gluten, onion, garlic
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the vegetables: Wash all the vegetables. Slice the peaches. Slice the tomatoes. Thinly slice the onion. Pick the basil leaves.
2. Make the salad: Combine the peaches, tomatoes, onion and basil in a bowl with a splash of oil, a splash of vinegar and a pinch of salt.
3. Make the corn cake mix: Bring a medium pot of salt water to the boil. Put the corn cob in the boiling water. Boil for one minute or until just blanched. Cool under running water and then grate using the coarse blade of a box grater. If you do not have a grater you can slice the kernels off the cob and scrape the starch off the cob using your knife. Mix the corn with the corn cake flour mix
4. Reheat the baked beans: Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Heat the baked beans, for a couple of minutes or until heated through. Wash the pan.
5. Cook the corn cakes: Heat a splash of oil in the frying pan over medium heat. Cook the corn cakes, in batches, turning once, for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Turn carefully using two spatulas. Make one corn cake per person or multiple smaller ones.
6. To serve: Place the corncake(s) onto the serving plates. Top with the baked beans, salad and ricotta.