Baja fish tacos, slaw, salsa
DOWNLOADABLE RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Barramundi (use by is 11/3/21, supplier incorrectly labelled)
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, wheat, gluten, soy
SPECIALISED EQUIPMENT: Flat grill/BBQ (optional)
NOTE: In Mexico, fish is often cooked outside on an open flame. This adds a smoky taste to the fish.
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the cabbage. Thinly slice half of the onions. Dice the remaining onions. Cut the tomatoes into small dice. Cut the lime into wedges. Chop the coriander. Slice the barramundi into 1cm pieces.
2. Make the salsa: Combine the tomatoes, diced onions and coriander in a bowl.
3. Heat the tortillas: Heat and soften the tortillas directly over a gas flame or in a frying pan. Keep warm by wrapping in a tea towel or in a low oven.
4. Cook the fish: Place the fish in a bowl along with the taco seasoning and a drizzle of oil. Preheat a flat grill/barbeque (or frying pan) over medium high heat. Cook the fish for 1 minute on each side or until just cooked.
5. To serve: Divide the tortillas between serving plates. Top with the fish, sliced cabbage, sliced onions and the salsa. Serve with the lime wedges.